Participate in a Journey 2050 Program and Earn $$$ to Donate
The first 50 classrooms who complete the Journey 2050 Field Trip to the Nutrien Western Event Center (Calgary, AB) will be eligible for a $100 credit to donate to a not-for-profit organization that is contributing to agriculture sustainability! The Program Coordinator will contact classrooms who qualify with the steps to donate the credit.
Online Experience and Guest Speaker:
Classrooms that participate in the Journey 2050 Online Experience and complete the follow-up survey will be entered into a bi-annual draw for a $100 donation credit! There will be 25 names randomly drawn each time on Dec. 1st and June 1st. The 50 winning teachers will be notified by the Program Coordinator.
Check out our Journey 2050 charities and donate to your favourite:
In-kind Donation of Time – Take Action
- volunteer to help a charity contributing to sustainability such as food banks, school meal programs, and environmental stewardship groups,
- make changes at home to be more sustainable such as composting, recycling and home gardens,
- job shadow or interview industry experts,
- educate others about the challenges we face in feeding the world with fun facts on social media and sharing the journey 2050 games,
- participate in other great community programs such as a Earth Day, National Ag Day, learning gardens (check out the materials offered through Little Green Thumbs) or environmental action projects (great resources found here Caring for our Watersheds).
- Check out more in the Student Action, Part 4 section