Enter to Win $$$ to Donate
A component of Journey 2050 is to inspire and encourage participants to get involved in sustainable initiatives.
Classrooms that participate in the Online Experience and complete the follow-up survey sent in December of each year will be entered for a chance to win $100 donation credit to donate to a charity that contributes to sustainability!
Field trip and classrooms who receive the 2-hour Guest Speaker presentation may also receive a donation credit based on first come, first serve. The Program Coordinator will notify all winning schools and provide instructions to claim the prize at that time.
This is a unique opportunity for the participants to think as global citizens and give back to those who work hard to improve social, economic and environmental performance.
- volunteer to help a charity contributing to sustainability such as food banks, school meal programs, and environmental stewardship groups,
- make changes at home to be more sustainable such as composting, recycling and home gardens,
- job shadow or interview industry experts,
- educate others about the challenges we face in feeding the world with fun facts on social media and sharing the journey 2050 games,
- participate in other great community programs such as a Earth Day, National Ag Day, learning gardens (check out the materials offered through Little Green Thumbs) or environmental action projects (great resources found here Caring for our Watersheds).
- Check out more in the Student Action, Part 4 section