Enter to Win $$$ to Donate
The first 50 classrooms who complete the Journey 2050 Field Trip to the Nutrien Western Event Center (Calgary, AB) will be eligible for a $100 credit to donate to a not-for-profit organization that is contributing to agriculture sustainability! The Program Coordinator will contact classrooms who qualify with the steps to donate the credit.
Online Experience and Guest Speaker:
Classrooms that participate in the Journey 2050 Online Experience and complete the follow-up survey will be entered into a bi-annual draw for a $100 donation credit! There will be 25 names randomly drawn each time on Dec. 1st and June 1st. The 50 winning teachers will be notified by the Program Coordinator.
- volunteer to help a charity contributing to sustainability such as food banks, school meal programs, and environmental stewardship groups,
- make changes at home to be more sustainable such as composting, recycling and home gardens,
- job shadow or interview industry experts,
- educate others about the challenges we face in feeding the world with fun facts on social media and sharing the journey 2050 games,
- participate in other great community programs such as a Earth Day, National Ag Day, learning gardens (check out the materials offered through Little Green Thumbs) or environmental action projects (great resources found here Caring for our Watersheds).
- Check out more in the Student Action, Part 4 section