The game really mimics what happens in Kenya, India and Canada. It helps the kids have an understanding of farming and agriculture.
Sneak Peak Preview
What have kids learned from the program?
At the rate we are going, earth will be running out of natural resources in not that long. We need to learn to use our resources more effectively and efficiently. In the game you get to put it into action and use the strategies.
– Grade 7 Student
Every action and choice we make effects our environment and community.
– Grade 7 Student
Educational Games and Videos
!WARNING! Games require UNITY to play.
!WARNING! Games will not run on a mobile device or iPad.
TEACHERS, if you want reports of your students’ game play and you have a Journey 2050 profile,
have them enter your unique teacher code when they are prompted login to the game.
What people are saying:
I would definitely promote the Journey 2050 program. It touches on every part on the grade 7 curriculum.
Here are some great programs:
- Celebrate National Ag Day – March 18, 2015. This is a day to recognize the abundance provided by agriculture.
- Canada’s Agriculture in the Classroom, America’s Agriculture in the Classroom, and Future Farmer’s of America all offer education programs and volunteer opportunities. Get a hold of them and see what you can do to help.
- Caring for our Watersheds – environmental program for students to take action and improve their watershed. Funding and mentorship available in contest locations.
- Earth Day April 22nd – How about Earth Year! Play some fun games to learn about your environmental footprint.
- Have you ever tried a 30 Hour Famine? Learn about hunger, raise funds to help the hungry, and then go hungry yourselves for 30 hours. Do this in a group to ensure you are healthy and safe during the experience.
- World Food Day – October 16th – help students increase awareness of world hunger and poverty and to inspire solutions for world change.
- Earth Day Network – a billion acts of green. Take action in many different ways in the school and at home
- Global Footprint Network – How much land does it take to support your lifestyle? This cool avatoar
- Alberta Tomorrow Land-use Simulation – regardless of what state or province you live in, this simulation will show students the impact humans have had on the environment and the choices we have to make for a sustainable future.
- Seed Survivor – teaching elementary students where their food comes from and how to grow healthy plants
- Growing the Next Generation – education portal for agricultural and environmental stewardship programs
Hey Students, tell us what you think! Send us an email Contact Us
Deaths this year: